City of Cheyenne, Wyoming
The City of Cheyenne is our longest continuous client and we take the excellent relationship we have enjoyed very seriously. Our work with the City began in 2007, providing support for energy performance contract projects while under contract to the Wyoming Business Council’s State Energy Office managing the Wyoming Energy Conservation Improvement Program (WYECIP) which we also developed.
Since that time, we have worked with the City to develop an energy efficiency upgrade program in City facilities, implement and manage energy projects, obtain grant funds and validate results.
Energy Program Consultant
E/S3 presently serves as the City’s Energy Program Consultant and is currently managing a program to identify and implement LED lighting retrofits in the City’s buildings. All of our work includes initial assessments, energy savings calculations, contractor scope and request for quotes documents, project management, and applications for rebates from the local utility.
We have identified, developed and managed the implementation of several energy improvement projects including:
- Complete building energy audit at the Ice and Events Center and replacement of metal halide ice surface lighting and lobby lighting with LED.
- Lighting audit and LED retrofit at the Youth Activities and Community Center.
- Window replacements at the Fleet Maintenance facility and Pioneer Park Recreation Center.
- Lighting audit and retrofit of fluorescent lighting to LED at the Municipal Building.
- Replacement of windows and exterior doors at a fire station with new energy efficient windows and exterior doors.
- Replacement of exterior doors at the Traffic Shop.
- Lighting audit and LED retrofit at the Youth Alternatives Center.
- Lighting audit and LED retrofit at the Pioneer Park Recreation Center.
- Lighting audit, project development and management, and M&V of savings for an LED retrofit in the pool areas, locker rooms and offices at the Aquatic Center.
- Lighting audit and savings calculations for successful grant application,project development and management, and monthly reporting of savings to the Wyoming Energy Agency for an LED retrofit at the Parks Maintenance Building.
- Design, project development and management, and savings calculations for a project to replace exterior building lighting with LED at the Street and Alley Shop, including new floodlights for better illumination of the snow removal loading area.
- Lighting audit and savings calculations for successful grant application,project development and management, and monthly reporting of savings to the Wyoming Energy Agency for an LED retrofit at the Fleet Maintenance Facility.
E/S3 helped the City apply for and receive grant funds that were used to replace old windows with energy efficient windows in a shop building the Fleet Maintenance facility and a Recreation Center at a park with new energy efficient windows.
Energy Performance Contract Consultant
E/S3 initially began work with the City of Cheyenne in the firm’s role as Program Manager for the Wyoming Energy Conservation Improvement Program . This work entailed assisting the City with managing and review of the investment grade audit, negotiations with the Energy Services Company, and preparation of contract documents. Upon completion of E/S3’s contract with the State, the City of Cheyenne engaged E/S3 directly to assist with preparing Contract Amendments for the first phase of a City-wide Energy Performance Contract.
That role was expanded to include services as the City’s Owner’s Representative for the Phase 2 projects. In this role E/S3 represented the City and provided the primary interaction with the ESCo. During the construction period, E/S3 was closely involved on the City’s behalf supervising the ESCo’s work, maintaining the schedule, identifying and addressing issues, verifying progress and providing contract oversight. As part of this, E/S3 reviewed the ESCo’s invoices to control costs and ensure contract requirements were met. In addition E/S3 assisted the City with US DOE and Wyoming State Energy Office ARRA Grant programs and requirements.
E/S3’s work resulted in construction cost savings for the City of over $38,000 which were used to expand the scope of energy project. E/S3’s oversight and documentation were instrumental in aiding the City to recover an additional $45,000 for a number of issues related to the ESCo’s deliverables through negotiations for final payment.